Thursday, March 15, 2012

NUTS ABOUT NUTS

One trait that I notice about individuals who are consuming healthy foods but are still overweight is there portion sizes are out of whack! Eating almonds is amazing for you, it provides you with healthy fats and proteins and taste really good. So why are you gaining weight? The first questions I always ask is how many are you eating? I always hear the same thing.."I am unsure, a few handfuls I guess" well if you knew that every handful contains about 100-120 calories you would be shocked to know that your "healthy snack" has become 300 or more calories. Snacks should be around 100 calories, 150 at most of course depending on the individual but 300 calories for anyone is too much.

I have created a list of commonly consumed nuts and how many equal 100 calories.

Just keep this chart in mind the next time you go for that handful of nuts! Have an amazing day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment